STURGIS, MI (WTVB) – The top executive of Sturgis Hospital had to face the music Monday night over the decision to cut services and employees at the facility.
President and CEO Robert LaBarge said at a standing room only town hall meeting that he decided to make the cuts because the hospital is making less money as fewer patients use its resources.
The hospital plans to cut about 60 employees as well as its childbirth, hospice and oncology services.
Employees and residents at the meeting said they were upset because they felt there was no warning leading up to last week’s announcement.
Some of the cuts took effect on Monday, but the rest of the restructuring will take effect by the end of the year.
Last night’s meeting was hosted by members of the Michigan Nurses Association and state Representative Aaron Miller.
(courtesy of MetroSource News)





