HARTFORD (WKZO) -- Fire investigators say it looks like faulty wiring was the cause of a fire that heavily damaged the Keeler Keg and Kitchen, a popular west Michigan landmark near Hartford.
They say the fire broke out sometime before 2 a.m. Tuesday after a spark from a wire behind a wall started a flame that climbed up into the attic.
The fire spread from there, heavily damaging two rooms and causing extensive heat and smoke damage through the rest of the structure on Territorial Road.
Four fire departments battled the fire, which was brought under control in about an hour.
The owners will be assessing the damage and weighing their options.
They have been serving up beers and food at that location for nearly 80 years.