COOPER TOWNSHIP (WKZO) -- Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s deputies have identified the woman found dead at 8336 14th Street, and they confirm that hoarding may have contributed to her death.
She's been identified as Lulubell Rose Vanwezema. Autopsy results are pending, but it's believed she may have died from exposure to "extremely high levels" of carbon monoxide in the home.
The items she had stacked up in the home, covered vents and a broken chimney pipe led to levels that were many times higher than is considered safe. She did not have a Carbon Monoxide detector.
They are waiting for toxicology tests to confirm their suspicions. They were able to resuscitate her dog who was found lying at her feet as she sat in a chair.