On Air Now

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »

Listen

Listen Live Now » 590 AM Kalamazoo, MI

Weather

Current Conditions(Kalamazoo,MI 49001)

More Weather »
56° Feels Like: 56°
Wind: SE 8 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip

Tonight

Cloudy 42°

Tomorrow

Cloudy 63°

Thurs Night

Rain 46°

Alerts

Fire caused by cigarette damages home on North Westnedge in Kalamazoo

by

KALAMAZOO (WKZO) -- Methamphetamines aren’t the only addictive substance that will burn your house down.

Fire investigators say it appears that a carelessly discarded cigarette is to blame for a fire that chased a Kalamazoo family from their home.

Public Safety was dispatched to the 15-hundred block of N. Westnedge at about 10:30 Thursday night, and fond a home with heavy smoke rolling out of the second story of the structure.

They were able to contain the flames to the second story. By then both adult residents had escaped  without injury.

The Fire marshal is investigating but he says it appears a cigarette ignited a mattress and it spread from there.

 

Comments