NEW YORK (WKZO) -- The largest storm to hit the East Coast of the United States in decades has caused major damage including but not limited to flooding, power outages and fallen trees. Photos are beginning to stream in from citizens on the ground via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and image sharing sites like Imgur.
The photos are featured above and to the site. Click to check them out or on this link to see an album. Some of the images are unconfirmed such as this one of a shark in New Jersey.
- Complete darkness in New Jersey
- Sharks on flooded roads in New Jersey?
- Reuters photo of flooded streets in Hoboken, New Jersey
- Flooding in the subway during the storm
- Streets in New Jersey experiencing heavy flooding
- Lights out in lower Manhatten
- More flooding in Brooklyn, New York
- Fallen tree on the streets of New York hitting a vehicle
Flooding in Virginia
The sharks swimming in New Jersey roads of course seem far fetched. The flooding on the other hand is a major concern and with hundreds of thousands without power, the relief efforts have a long road ahad of them.