KALAMAZOO (WKZO) -- Kalamazoo Public Safety responded to the fire at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 500-block of Horace Street to find a home filled with smoke. A fire alarm woke one of the home's residents and she managed to evacuate the home along with her children before calling 911.
Apparently a light fixture in a bathroom had a hot light bulb a little too close to a towel, flooding the bathroom with smoke. An officer put it out with a fire extinguisher, and there was no damage to anything but the light fixture and the towel. There were no injuries and they believe the cause of the fire was simply accidental.