PORTAGE (WKZO) -- Portage Fire Department responded quickly to a fire Sunday afternoon at Walnut Trail Apartments off of Milham Road. That is said to have helped confine the damage mainly to that unit.
It was called in at about 1:15pm. Flames and smoke could be seen billowing out of a dormer window.
A preliminary investigation blames a faulty wall air conditioner for triggering the blaze on Alpha Court. No one was home at the time and no one was injured.
No damage estimate has been released so far.