KALAMAZOO TWP (WKZO) -- A Kalamazoo Township woman is in critical condition at the Bronson burn unit after she had to be pulled out of her burning home by neighbors early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out in the front of the single story home on Bronson Avenue, near the county fairgrounds, trapping Paula and Harry Wine inside.
He broke out a window and climbed out, suffering cuts and smoke inhalation. He is in fair condition. She collapsed inside and suffered burns over a large portion of her body before neighbors were able to rescue her.
Investigators suspect a space heater on an enclosed front porch may have sparked the fire, but it's being investigated.