COMSTOCK (WKZO) -- The fear of fire forced hundreds from their homes in Comstock Wednesday evening.
Fires in two separate units at Comstock Village Apartments early Wednesday forced the evacuation of over three-hundred residents from the apartment complex. More than 100 units in total had to be evacuated.
Fire officials say work was being done on the complex and insulation was put in too close to some hot pipes. Crews worked through the night to correct the problem.
The Red Cross opened an emergency shelter at the Expo Center, and a number of families slept on cots overnight.
Residents were hoping to go home sometime Thursday.