- The team that wins this game will clinch a spot in the playoffs.
- Battle Creek Pennfield is ranked #2 in Division 4 in the AP high school state football poll.
- Schoolcraft is ranked #2 in Division 6 in the AP poll.
- Schoolcraft is 1-3 against Pennfield all time.
- The team that wins this game will take sole possession of first place in the KVA.
- Keys to the Game:
Schoolcraft: Like they have all season, Schoolcraft needs to rely on the speed of running back Benny Clark to carry the load. The senior back has a chance to hit the 1000 yard mark this season and has been an essential part of the Eagles' undefeated season so far.
Battle Creek Pennfield: The Panthers are a slight favorite to win this game. Unlike the Eagles, Pennfield has more of a platoon system for their rushing game. This means that Pennfield will be a little more rested on the offensive side of things. If the Panthers want to win this game, they'll need to win the battle in the trenches. This could be a low scoring game, so the team with the best push should have the advantage.
- Prediction: This game is very difficult to call. Both of these teams are going to the playoffs, but only one can win the KVA. When all is said and done, Schoolcraft's defense will be the difference. Schoolcraft 28, Battle Creek Pennfield 20