- The Holy War is considered to be one of the best high school football rivalries in west Michigan.
- The head-to-head series is tied at 6-6 since 2000.
- The Fighting Irish won last year's meeting, 23-10.
- After starting the season at 2-1, Hackett has lost four of its last five games.
- A win would double Kalamazoo Christian's win total from last season.
Keys to the Game:
Kalamazoo Christian: The Comets will need to win the battle in the trenches if they are going to win their final game of the season. The offensive line has to develop a solid run blocking scheme to make the rushing game a threat, giving quarterback Brennan Heidema more time to throw the football. Christian's defensive line must stop the running game early and often as Hackett will certainly utilize its excellent backs as much as possible.
Hackett Catholic Central: Geovante Weston needs to get the ball. A lot. Last week against Parchment, Weston carried the ball 52 times for 423 rushing yards in an Irish win. Clearly Weston has the longevity to carry this football team to a victory and if the offensive line can make a few hole, Hackett could put the Comets away early. Defensively the Irish need to bolster their secondary and plan for the pass. If the defensive line can get pressure on the quarterback and the secondary runs zone coverage, Hackett could create a few turnovers in this game.
Players to Watch:
- Kalamazoo Christian: Brennan Heidema, QB
- Hackett Catholic Central: Geovante Weston, RB
Prediction: Without any playoff impications on the line, this matchup is only about bragging rights. Records can be thrown out the window as both of these teams want to go out in impressive fashion. Christian will have an impressive showing with its passing game, but Geovante Weston will prove to be too much for the Comets' defensive line. Hackett Catholic Central 20, Kalamazoo Christian 14