5 things I learned in just 1 hour at the Humane Society
1. There's nothing more refreshing than fresh air and a little exercise!
No wonder the dogs love it so much!
2. Dogs hate the cold as much as we do...but have no reservations about jumping into a snow bank. (especially when you are at the other end of the leash!)
3. A little attention is the BEST THING EVER.
Some of the animals simply wanted some love! You can FEEL their excitement and joy as soon as you unlatch the cage. I can't tell you the last time a human was that excited to see me! I think I enjoyed the doggy kisses and attention as much as they did!
(a heartwarming hug from Duff!)
4. You'll want to adopt them all.
5. Every animal deserves a second chance If you're feeling stressed, tired, or just in a funk, take a dog (or two) for a walk. You'll be amazed at how it will clear your mind! You may even make a new friend :)