After an especially bleak Michigan winter, spring is the best time to give your car a maintenance overhaul. There are many ways to get your vehicle back to 100 percent. A spring checkup can help uncover winter damage but some areas are harder to check without a skilled technician pinpointing the problem. Have a technician at LV Auto determine if any of your vehicles components are in need of servicing.
- 1. Batteries, Plugs & Wires: All of these give the spark to your vehicle and are required to work extra hard when it is cold. Winter stress can compromise their performance up to 60 percent. Test old or weak batteries, plugs and wires, and replace if necessary.
- 2. Tire Pressure: Cold weather reduces tire pressure so check all tires, including the spare.
- 3. Belts and Hoses: Inspect and replaced worn or cracked belts and hoses that are brittle or too soft.
- 4. Brakes: Inspect the brake system, including lines, hoses, parking brake and brake fluid.
- 5. Suspension & Wheel Alignment: Deep potholes are bad for shocks and struts. Also, have your wheels properly aligned.
- 6. Fluid Levels: There are a lot of fluid levels to check: engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant and windshield washer fluid.
- 7. Engine Air Filter: Changing the engine air filter is a relatively quick job that can be done during any oil, brake or transmission fluid change.
- 8. Windshield Wipers: Check your windshield wipers for wear and cracks and replace them if necessary.
- 9. Clean the Interior: Take the time to declutter your car, as losing the extra weight can significantly increase your gas mileage too.
- 10. Clean the exterior: Address the undercarriage where road salt can eat away or corrode the metal.
Powered by LV Auto Service Center. Call them today at(269) 382-6310